Senate stands adjourned
until 12:00 noon on Tuesday, November 29, 2022.
The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
The Senate reached the following agreement for the Respect for Marriage Act. It will be in order to consider the following amendments to the substitute:
At 3:45pm on Tuesday, all post-cloture time be considered expired on the substitute amendment. If any of the amendments above are offered, the Senate will vote in relation to the amendments in the order listed, with 60-affirmative votes required for adoption of the Lee amendment. There be 2 minutes for debate equally divided prior to each vote. Any remaining amendments except Senate amendment #6487 will be withdrawn. The substitute amendment, as amended, if amended, will be agreed to. The cloture motion with respect to H.R.8404 will be withdrawn. The bill will be considered read a third time, and the Senate will vote on passage of the bill, as amended, with 60-affirmative votes required for passage, all without further intervening action or debate.
As a reminder, cloture has been filed on the following items:
1. Executive Calendar #1133 Camille L. Velez-Rive, of Puerto Rico, to be United States District Judge for the District of Puerto Rico
2. Executive Calendar #1147 Anne M. Nardacci, of New York, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of New York
3. Executive Calendar #1148 Jerry W. Blackwell, of Minnesota, to be United States District Judge for the District of Minnesota
4. Executive Calendar #1129 Doris L. Pryor, of Indiana, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Seventh Circuit
Approximately 3:45pm – 4 roll call votes expected:
1. Lee amendment #6482 (60-vote threshold)
2. Lankford amendment #6496 (majority vote threshold)
3. Rubio amendment #6493 (majority vote threshold)
4. Passage of Calendar #449, H.R.8404, Respect for Marriage, as amended (60-vote threshold)