Wrap Up for Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #1068, Elizabeth Wilson Hanes, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia; confirmed: 59-37.
2. Paul motion to concur with amendment #5184; not agreed to: 7-90.
3. Toomey motion to concur with amendment #5186; not agreed to: 47-48.
4. Blackburn motion to concur with amendment #5185; not agreed to: 48-47.
5. Motion to concur in the House amendment to S.3373, PACT Act; agreed to: 86-11.
Passed H.R.5313 – Reese’s Law.
Passed S.734 with Cornyn-Hassan amendment - Jenna Quinn Law.
Adopted S.Res.738 – National Anti-Counterfeiting and Consumer Education Awareness Month.
Adopted S.Res.739 – Printing SAC History.
Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business H.R.5376, to provide for reconciliation pursuant to title II of S. Con. Res. 14.
Confirmed the following nominations:
NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
· Executive Calendar #1098 - Annie Caputo, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2026
· Executive Calendar #1099 - Bradley R. Crowell, of Nevada, to be a Member of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the term of five years expiring June 30, 2027
The votes on confirmation of the following nominations will occur at times to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #716, Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board.
2. Executive Calendar #922, Constance J. Milstein, of New York, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Malta.