Schedule for Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Senate stands adjourned
until 12:00 noon on Wednesday, August 3, 2022.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of Morning Business with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
At 1:30pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Calendar #5, treaty document 117-3. The treaties will be considered as having advanced through the various parliamentary stages up to and including the presentation of the resolution of advice and consent to ratification. There will be 3 hours for debate, equally divided between the two Leaders, or their designees, on the treaties and resolution of advice and consent to ratification. The only amendments in order to the resolution of advice and consent to ratification are the following:
1. Sullivan #5192 (re: spending benchmark)
2. Paul #5191 (re: declaration of war)
Following debate, the Senate will vote in relation to the amendments in the order listed. Upon disposition of the amendments, any committee conditions, declarations, or reservations will be agreed to as applicable, and the Senate will vote on the resolution of advice and consent to ratification, as amended, if amended, with no intervening action or debate.
Wednesday, August 3rd at approx. 4:30pm – up to 3 roll call votes:
1. Sullivan amendment #5192 (re: spending benchmark) (possible voice vote)
2. Paul amendment #5191 (re: declaration of war)
3. Adoption of the resolution of ratification with respect to Calendar Number 5 treaty document 117-3 (NATO).