Wrap Up for Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #989 Gregory Brian Williams, of Delaware, to be United States District Judge for the District of Delaware; invoked: 52-43.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #989 Gregory Brian Williams, of Delaware, to be United States District Judge for the District of Delaware; confirmed: 52-43.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #920, Bernadette M. Meehan, of New York, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Chile; confirmed: 51-44.
4. Motion to proceed to Senator Braun’s budget resolution, S.Con.Res.43; not agreed to: 34-63.
Adopted the following resolutions:
· Calendar #434, S.Res.669, International Hunger
· S.Res.686, National Day of the American Cowboy
· S.Res.694, National Sarcoma Awareness Month, w/Johnson amdt
· S.Res.706, Shinzo Abe
Passed Calendar #406, S.3895 – United States Commission on International Religious Freedom Reauthorization Act of 2022.
Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business H.R.8404, Respect for Marriage Act.
At a time to be determined by the Majority Leader, following consultation with the Republican Leader, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of Calendar #399, H.R. 7776; the Carper-Capito-Cardin-Cramer substitute #5140 be considered and agreed to; that there be up to 1 hour for debate, equally divided in the usual form; that upon the use or yielding back of time, if a Budget point of order is made and a motion to waive made, the Senate vote on the motion to waive; and if the point of order is waived, the bill, as amended, be considered read a third time and the Senate vote on passage of the bill with 60-affirmative votes required for passage.
Confirmed the following nomination:
DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
· Executive Calendar #996 - Carmen G. Cantor, of Puerto Rico, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Interior
The votes on confirmation of the following nominations will occur at times to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #716, Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board.
2. Executive Calendar #922, Constance J. Milstein, of New York, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Malta.
3. Executive Calendar #902, Shereef M. Elnahal, of New Jersey, to be Under Secretary for Health of the Department of Veterans Affairs