Roll Call Votes
1. Passage of H.R.3967, PACT Act, as amended; passed: 84-14.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #969 Ana Isabel de Alba, of California, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of California; invoked: 52-43.
3. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #919 Mary T. Boyle, of Maryland, to be a Commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission; invoked: 49-47.
4. Motion to discharge the nomination of Steven M. Dettelbach, of Ohio, to be Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, from the Judiciary Committee; agreed to: 52-41.
Passed Calendar #159, S.2129 – Otto Warmbier Countering North Korean Censorship and Surveillance Act of 2021.
Passed Calendar #222, S.3309 with Peters substitute – Securing Semiconductor Supply Chains Act of 2021.
Passed S.2280 – VETS Safe Travel Act.
Adopted S.Res.682 – Elder Abuse Awareness Month.
Agreed to H.Con.Res.88 – Use of the Capitol Grounds for Soap Box Derby.
Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business S.4431, to eliminate discrimination and promote women’s health and economic security by ensuring reasonable workplace accommodations for workers whose ability to perform the functions of a job are limited by pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition (Casey).
Confirmed the following nominations:
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
· Executive Calendar #973 – Jaime E. Lizarraga, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Securities and Exchange Commission for a term expiring June 5, 2027
· Executive Calendar #974 – Mark Toshiro Uyeda, of California, to be a Member of the Securities and Exchange Commission for the remainder of the term expiring June 5, 2023
DEPARTMENT OF STATE
· Executive Calendar #997 – Naz Durakoglu, of New Jersey, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Legislative Affairs)
The vote on confirmation of the following nomination will occur at times to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #716 Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board
2. Executive Calendar #969 Ana Isabel de Alba, of California, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of California
3. Executive Calendar #919 Mary T. Boyle, of Maryland, to be a Commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission