Schedule for Wednesday, May 25, 2022
stands adjourned until 10:00am on Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #806 Sandra Thompson, of Maryland, to be Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
At approximately 11:00am, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the Padin nomination (NJ District Judge), confirmation of the Sweeney nomination (CO District Judge), and cloture on the Thompson nomination (Director of FHFA).
Additional roll call votes are expected throughout Wednesday’s session in relation to the pending nominations.
Prior to the end of the week, the Senate may consider S.J.Res.46, providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security relating to "Procedures for Credible Fear Screening and Consideration of Asylum, Withholding of Removal, and CAT Protection Claims by Asylum Officers".
Cloture has been filed on the following items:
1. Executive Calendar #806 Sandra Thompson, of Maryland, to be Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency
2. Executive Calendar #651 Henry Christopher Frey, of North Carolina, to be an Assistant Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
3. Executive Calendar #670 Lisa Gomez, of New Jersey, to be an Assistant Secretary of Labor
4. Executive Calendar #652 Chavonda Jacobs-Young, of Georgia, to be Under Secretary of Agriculture for Research, Education, and Economics
5. Executive Calendar #669 Amy Loyd, of New Mexico, to be Assistant Secretary for Career, Technical, and Adult Education
6. Executive Calendar #792 Kenneth Wainstein, to be Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis, Department of Homeland Security
7. Executive Calendar #675 Todd Harper, of Virginia, to be a Member of the National Credit Union Administration
8. Executive Calendar #728 Samuel Bagenstos, of Michigan, to be General Counsel of the Department of Health and Human Services
9. Executive Calendar #856 Robert Steven Huie, of California, to be US District Judge for the Southern District of California
10. Executive Calendar #772 Shalanda Baker, of Texas, to be Director of the Office of Minority Economic Impact, Department of Energy
11. Motion to proceed to Calendar #371, H.R.350, Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act.
12. Executive Calendar #923, Jane Hartley, of New York, to be Ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Wednesday, May 25th at approx. 11:00am – 3 roll call votes:
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #857 Evelyn Padin, of New Jersey, to be US District Judge for the District of New Jersey.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #915 Charlotte Sweeney, of Colorado, to be US District Judge for the District of Colorado.
3. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #806 Sandra Thompson, of Maryland, to be Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency.