Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to discharge the nomination of Lisa DeNell Cook, of Michigan, to be a Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, from the Banking Committee; agreed to: 50-49.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #725, Nani A. Coloretti, to be Deputy Director OMB; invoked: 56-43.
3. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #791, C.S. Eliot Kang, to be Assistant Secretary of State; invoked: 52-47.
4. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #725, Nani A. Coloretti, to be Deputy Director OMB; confirmed: 57-41.
5. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #791, C.S. Eliot Kang, to be Assistant Secretary of State; confirmed: 52-46.
Adopted the following resolutions:
· S.Res.561 – National Asbestos Awareness Week
· S.Res.562 – National Women in Agriculture Day
· S.Res.563 – Charles Isham Taylor
· S.Res.564 – James Frederick “Jimmy” Hanley
· S.Res.565 – Representative Don Young
Confirmed by voice votes the following nominations:
DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Executive Calendar #642 - Lisa A. Carty, of Maryland, to be an Alternate Representative of the United States of America to the Sessions of the General Assembly of the United Nations, during her tenure of service as Representative of the United States of America on the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations
INTERNATIONAL ATOMIC ENERGY AGENCY
Executive Calendar #643 - Laura S. H. Holgate, of Virginia, to be Representative of the United States of America to the International Atomic Energy Agency, with the rank of Ambassador
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Executive Calendar #734 - Christopher John Williamson, of West Virginia, to be Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health
DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Executive Calendar #789 - Mallory A. Stewart, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Verification and Compliance)
The votes on confirmation of the following nominations will occur at times to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #680 Sarah Elisabeth Geraghty, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Georgia
2. Executive Calendar #681 Georgette Castner, of New Jersey, to be United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey