Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #613 John P. Howard III, of the District of Columbia, to be an Associate Judge of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals; confirmed: 62-34.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #614 Loren L. AliKhan, of the District of Columbia, to be an Associate Judge of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals; confirmed: 55-41.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #644 Amy Gutmann, of Pennsylvania, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Federal Republic of Germany; confirmed: 54-42.
4. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #649 Lisa A. Carty, of Maryland, to be Representative of the United States of America on the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations, with the rank of Ambassador; confirmed: 68-27.
5. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #616 Chantale Yokmin Wong, of the District of Columbia, to be United States Director of the Asian Development Bank, with the rank of Ambassador; confirmed: 66-31.
Adopted S.Res.506 – Catholic Schools Week.
Adopted S.Res.507 – Blue Star Mother’s Day.
Adopted S.Res.424 – Sheppard Air Force Base.
Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business:
· S.3600 - to improve cybersecurity of the Federal Government, and for other purposes (Peters).
· H.R.3076 – to provide stability to and enhance the services of the United States Postal Service, and for other purposes.
· H.R.6617 – making further continuing appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2022, and for other purposes.
The cloture motion with respect to Executive Calendar #362 Homer L. Wilkes, of Mississippi, to be Under Secretary of Agriculture for Natural Resources and Environment, was withdrawn and the nomination was confirmed by voice vote.
Cloture has been filed on Executive Calendar #705, Max Vekich, of Washington, to be a Federal Maritime Commissioner for a term expiring June 30, 2026. Absent an agreement, the cloture motion will ripen one hour after the Senate convenes on Thursday.
The vote on the motion to discharge the nomination of Sam Bagenstos to be General Counsel to the Department of Health and Human Services from the Finance Committee will occur at a time to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader.