Wrap Up for Thursday, December 16, 2021
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to discharge the nomination of Holly A. Thomas, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit from the Judiciary Committee; discharged: 50-46.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #525, Nicholas Burns, of Massachusetts, to be Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China; confirmed: 75-18.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #626, Ramin Toloui, of Iowa, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Economic and Business Affairs); confirmed: 76-13.
4. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #619, Rashad Hussain, of Virginia, to be Ambassador at Large for International Religious Freedom; confirmed: 85-5.
Passed H.R.3537, Accelerating Access to Critical Therapies for ALS Act.
Passed H.R.6256, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
Confirmed the following nominations:
· Executive Calendar #315, Karen Jean Hedlund, of Colorado, to be a Member of the Surface Transportation Board.
DEPARTMENT OF STATE
· Executive Calendar #622 - Thomas Barrett, of Wisconsin, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
· Executive Calendar #629 - Shannon Corless, of the District of Columbia, to be Assistant Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis, Department of the Treasury
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
· Executive Calendar #630 - Kurt D. DelBene, of Washington, to be an Assistant Secretary of Veterans Affairs (Information and Technology)
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
· Executive Calendar #595 - Lisa W. Wang, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of Commerce
· Executive Calendar #596 - Maria Louise Lago, of New York, to be Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade
· Executive Calendar #607 - Rear Adm. Collin P. Green to be Vice Admiral
· Executive Calendar #608 - Adm. Christopher W. Grady to be Admiral
And all the nominations on the Secretary’s Desk in the Army, Foreign Service, and Space Force.