Wrap Up for Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #576, Samantha D. Elliott, of New Hampshire, to be United States District Judge for the District of New Hampshire; invoked: 59-40.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to concur in the House amendment to S.1605, vehicle for NDAA; invoked 86-13.
3. Motion to proceed to S.J.Res.33, to raise the debt limit by $2.5T; agreed to: 50-49.
4. Passage of S.J.Res.33, to raise the debt limit by $2.5T; passed: 50-49.
Passed H.R.5746 with Cantwell amendment – NASA Enhanced Use Leasing Extension Act.
Passed Calendar #127, S.1543 – STANDUP Act.
Passed Calendar #177, S.1097 – Federal Rotational Cyber Workforce Program Act.
Adopted S.Res.479 – American Diabetes Month.
Confirmed the following nominations:
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
· Executive Calendar #497 - Nickolas Guertin, of Virginia, to be Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, Department of Defense
· Executive Calendar #597 - John Bradley Sherman, of Texas, to be Chief Information Officer of the Department of Defense
· Executive Calendar #598 - Carrie Frances Ricci, of Virginia, to be General Counsel of the Department of the Army
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
· Executive Calendar #606 – Dawn N. Ison, of Michigan, to be United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan
· Executive Calendar #600 - Brig. Gen. William J. Prendergast, IV to be Major General
· Executive Calendar #601 - Col. Jackie L. Thompson, Jr. to be Brigadier General
· Executive Calendar #602 - Col. Timothy A. Sejba to be Brigadier General
· Executive Calendar #603 - Brig. Gen. Roger D. Lyles to be Major General
· Executive Calendar #604 – to be Major General:
o Brig. Gen. James H. Adams, III
o Brig. Gen. Eric E. Austin
o Brig. Gen. Michael J. Borgschulte
o Brig. Gen. William J. Bowers
o Brig. Gen. Stephen E. Liszewski
o Brig. Gen. Keith D. Reventlow
o Brig. Gen. Sean M. Salene
o Brig. Gen. Roberta L. Shea
o Brig. Gen. Benjamin T. Watson
o Brig. Gen. Christian F. Wortman
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
· Executive Calendar #402 - Thea D. Rozman Kendler, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of Commerce
DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
· Executive Calendar #587 - Alanna McCargo, of Virginia, to be President, Government National Mortgage Association
And all nominations on the Secretary’s Desk in the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Space Force.