Wrap Up for Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #340, Sarah A.L. Merriam, of Connecticut, to be United States District Judge for the District of Connecticut; invoked: 53-47.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #340, Sarah A.L. Merriam, of Connecticut, to be United States District Judge for the District of Connecticut; confirmed: 54-46.
Completed the Rule 14 process to place the following bill on the Legislative Calendar of Business:
Adopted by voice vote S.Res.409 – designating the week beginning October 17, 2021, as “National Character Counts Week”.
Passed H.R.3981: Commission on Combating Synthetic Opioid Trafficking.
Confirmed the following nominations:
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
· Executive Calendar #188, Gwen Graham, of Florida, to be Assistant Secretary for Legislation and Congressional Affairs
· Executive Calendar #255, Roberto Josue Rodriguez, of the District of Columbia, to be Assistant Secretary for Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development
· Executive Calendar #256, Elizabeth Merrill Brown, of Maryland, to be General Counsel