Wrap Up for Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #333, Karen Erika Donfried, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (European Affairs and Eurasian Affairs); confirmed: 73-26.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #324, Monica P. Medina, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs); confirmed: 61-36.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #331, Mary Catherine Phee, of Illinois, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (African Affairs) confirmed: 67-31.
4. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #240, Todd D. Robinson, of New Jersey, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs); confirmed: 53-41.
Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business:
· S.2868 – a bill to suspend the debt limit (Schumer)
· H.R.3755 – Women’s Health Protection Act of 2021
· H.R.5323 – Iron Dome Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021
Adopted S.Res.392 – National Forensic Science Week.
Adopted S.Res.393 – National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month.
As a reminder, during Monday’s session, Senator Schumer entered a motion to reconsider with respect to the failed cloture vote on the motion to proceed to H.R.5305, Extending Government Funding and Delivering Emergency Assistance Act.
No additional Executive Business