Wrap Up for Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #122, Todd Sunhwae Kim, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Attorney General; confirmed: 58-41.
2. Motion to discharge the nomination of Tracy Stone-Manning, of Montana, to be Director of the Bureau of Land Management, from the ENR committee; agreed to: 50-49.
Passed the following post office naming bills, en bloc:
· Calendar #36, H.R.208 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 500 West Main Street, Suite 102 in Tupelo, Mississippi, as the "Colonel Carlyle 'Smitty' Harris Post Office".
· Calendar #37, H.R.264 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1101 Charlotte Street in Georgetown, South Carolina, as the "Joseph Hayne Rainey Memorial Post Office Building".
· Calendar #35, S.566 - A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 42 Main Street in Slatersville, Rhode Island, as the "Specialist Matthew R. Turcotte Post Office".
· Calendar #101, H.R.772 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 229 Minnetonka Avenue South in Wayzata, Minnesota, as the "Jim Ramstad Post Office".
Passed by voice vote S.503: PARENTS Act.
Passed S.452 with Stabenow substitute amendment: Willie O’Ree Congressional Gold Medal Act.
Passed H.R.1002: DEBAR Act of 2021.
Adopted S.Res.317: congratulating the Milwaukee Bucks, and the fans of the Milwaukee Bucks around the world, on winning the 2021 National Basketball Association championship.
Adopted S.Res.323: National Ani-Counterfeiting and Consumer Education and Awareness Month.
Adopted S.Res.324: National Whistleblower Appreciation Day.
The nomination of PN913, James D. Rodriguez, of Texas, to be Assistant Secretary of Labor for Veterans’ Employment and Training, was jointly referred to the HELP and Veterans’ Affairs Committees.