Wrap Up for Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #195, Kenneth Allen Polite, Jr., of Louisiana, to be an Assistant Attorney General; invoked: 57-43.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #246, Jennifer Ann Abruzzo, of New York, to be General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board; invoked: 51-50, with the vice president voting in the affirmative.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #195, Kenneth Allen Polite, Jr., of Louisiana, to be an Assistant Attorney General; confirmed: 56-44.
4. Toomey amendment #2121 (re: appropriations/point of order); not agreed to: 40-60.
5. Passage of H.R.1652, VOCA (60-vote threshold); passed: 100-0.
Completed the Rule 14 process to place the following bill on the Legislative Calendar of Business:
S.2382, to authorize the National Cyber Director to accept details from other elements of the Federal Government on non-reimbursable basis (Portman).
Adopted S.Res.291: congratulating the University of Oklahoma Sooners softball team on winning the 2021 National Collegiate Athletic Association Women’s College World Series.
Adopted S.Res.307: congratulating the Mississippi State University baseball team on winning the 2021 National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I baseball championship.
Adopted S.Res.308: commending and congratulating the Hutchinson Community College Blue Dragons football team for winning the 2021 National Junior College Athletic Association football National Championship.
No additional Executive Business