Wrap Up for Friday, May 28, 2021
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #60, H.R.3233, to establish the National Commission to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the US Capitol Complex; not invoked: 54-35.
Passed H.R.2523: THRIVE Act.
Adopted S.Res.195: MKAR Navigation with Inhofe amendment.
Passed Calendar #61, S.921: Jaime Zapata and Victor Avila Federal Law Enforcement Protection Act.
Adopted S.Res.255: ALS Awareness Month.
Adopted S.Res.256: COVID-19 Investigation.
Adopted S.Res.257: Marshall University.
Adopted S.Res.258: expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the life and work of Senator John W. Warner.
Passed S.409 with Stabenow-Boozman amendments: Commodity Futures Trading Commission Customer Protection Fund.
Passed H.R.711 with Feinstein amendment: West Los Angeles VA Campus Improvement Act.
Confirmed the following nominations by voice votes:
1. Executive Calendar #111, Anton Hajjar, of Maryland, to be Governor of the United States Postal Service
2. Executive Calendar #134, Eric Lander, of Massachusetts, to be Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy
3. Executive Calendar #133, Ronald S. Moultrie, of Maryland, to be Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security
Confirmed the following nominations by unanimous consent:
1. Executive Calendar #132, Michael J. McCord, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of Defense