Schedule for pro forma sessions and Monday, April 12, 2021
Senate stands adjourned
for pro forma sessions only with no business conducted on the following dates
Monday, March 29th at 11:00am
Thursday, April 1st at 10:00am
Monday, April 5th at 2:00pm
Thursday, April 8th at 5:30pm
When the Senate stands adjourned on Thursday April 8th, it will next convene at 3:00pm on Monday April 12th.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #55, Polly Ellen Trottenberg, of New York, to be Deputy Secretary of Transportation.
At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Trottenberg nomination.
Cloture has been filed on the following items:
1. Executive Calendar #55, Polly Ellen Trottenberg, of New York, to be Deputy Secretary of Transportation
2. Executive Calendar #35, Wendy Ruth Sherman, of Maryland, to be Deputy Secretary of State
3. Executive Calendar #33, Gary Gensler, of Maryland, to be Member of the Securities and Exchange Commission
4. Executive Calendar #53, Brenda Mallory, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Council on Environmental Quality
5. Motion to proceed to Calendar #13, S.937, a bill to facilitate the expedited review of COVID-19 hate crimes.
Monday, April 12th at 5:30pm – roll call vote:
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #55, Polly Ellen Trottenberg, of New York, to be Deputy Secretary of Transportation