Schedule for Monday, March 22, 2021
The Senate stands adjourned until 3:00pm on Monday, March
Following the prayer and pledge, we expect that Karen Gibson will be sworn in as Senate Sergeant at Arms. Following the swearing-in and Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to resume consideration of Executive Calendar #17, Martin Joseph Walsh, of Massachusetts, to be Secretary of Labor, post-cloture.
At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the Walsh nomination.
During Thursday’s session, Senator Schumer filed cloture on the following items:
1. Executive Calendar #32, Shalanda D. Young, of Louisiana, to be Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget.
2. Executive Calendar #39, Vivek Hallegere Murthy, of Florida, to be Medical Director in the Regular Corps of the Public Health Service and to be Surgeon General of the Public Health Service for a term of four years.
3. Executive Calendar #40, Rachel Leland Levine, of Pennsylvania, to be an Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services.
4. Executive Calendar #38, David Turk, of Maryland, to be Deputy Secretary of Energy.
5. Executive Calendar #30 Adewale O. Adeyemo, of California, to be Deputy Secretary of the Treasury.
6. Motion to proceed to Calendar #11, H.R.1799, PPP Extension Act.
Monday, March 22nd at 5:30pm – 1 roll call vote:
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #17, Martin Joseph Walsh, of Massachusetts, to be Secretary of Labor.