Wrap Up for Thursday, September 17, 2020
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #816, Franklin Ulyses Valderrama, of Illinois to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois; confirmed: 68-26.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #814, Iain D. Johnston, of Illinois, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois; confirmed: 77-14.
Adopted the following resolutions, en bloc:
· S.Res.702: designating September 2020 as ‘‘National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month’’.
· S.Res.703: designating the week beginning September 14, 2020, as National Hispanic- Serving Institutions Week.
· S.Res.704: honoring the accomplishments of General Thomas P. Stafford and recognizing his contribution to the united States Space Program.
· S.Res.705: proclaiming the week of September 21 through September 25, 2020, to be ‘‘National Clean Energy Week’’.
· S.Res.706: expressing support for the designation of September 2020 as ‘‘Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month’’ in order to educate communities across the United States about sickle cell disease and the need for research, early detection methods, effective treatments, and preventative care programs with respect to complications from sickle cell disease and conditions related to sickle cell disease.
· S.Res.707: recognizing September 1, 2020, as “National Poll Worker Recruitment Day”.
Passed S.1646 with Rubio amendment: to designate the community-based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs in St. Augustine, Florida, as the "Leo C. Chase Jr. Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic".
Passed S.4072: to designate the clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Bend, Oregon, as the "Robert D. Maxwell Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic".
Passed S.924 with Cornyn substitute amendment: to amend the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act to require training and education to teachers and other school employees, students, and the community about how to prevent, recognize, respond to, and report child sexual abuse in primary and secondary education.
Passed S.1160 with Smith substitute amendment: to amend the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act to increase support for mental health.
Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business S.4618: emergency supplemental appropriations (Portman).
No Executive Business