Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #223, Robert Destro, of Virginia, to be Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor; confirmed: 49-44.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #419, Brent McIntosh, of Michigan, to be an Under Secretary of the Treasury; invoked: 54-38.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #418, Brian Callanan, of New Jersey, to be General Counsel for the Department of the Treasury; invoked: 55-39.
4. Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R.2740: Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, Defense, State, Foreign Operations, and Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2020; not invoked: 51-44.
5. Motion to invoke cloture on the compound motion to go to conference on S.1790, NDAA; invoked: 87-7.
By voice vote, the Senate adopted the compound motion to go to conference on S.1790, NDAA.
Agreement on S.1790, NDAA: It will be in order for the following motions to instruct, which are at the desk, to be considered at a time to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Democratic Leader, but prior to September 26th, in the form of Senate resolutions, taken up and considered on the same day with no amendments in order.
- Van Hollen (Russia)
- Cotton (Huawei)
- Jones (Widows Tax)
- Schatz (FMLA)
- Peters (PFAS)
- McSally (Backfill)
- McConnell or designee (FMLA)
The following Senators were appointed as conferees with respect to S.1790:
INHOFE, WICKER, FISCHER, COTTON, ROUNDS, ERNST, PERDUE, SCOTT OF FLORIDA, BLACKBURN, REED, SHAHEEN, BLUMENTHAL, HIRONO, KAINE, KING, HEINRICH, WARREN, PETERS, MANCHIN, DUCKWORTH, AND JONES.
No additional Executive Business