Wrap Up for Monday, September 9, 2019
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #403, Kelly Craft, of Kentucky, to be Representative of the United States to the UN General Assembly; invoked: 54-38.
Agreed to H.Con.Res.57: authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall for an event to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the arrival of the first African slaves to the territory that would become the United States.
Passed H.R.831: Reviving America’s Scenic Byways Act of 2019.
Passed by voice vote Calendar #125, S.1689: to permit State to transfer certain funds from the clean water revolving fund of a State to the drinking water revolving fund of the State in certain circumstances.
Passed by voice vote Calendar #116, S.349: Reviving America’s Scenic Byways Act, with committee substitute.
As a reminder, at a time to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Democratic Leader, the Senate will vote on confirmation of following nominations:
1. Executive Calendar #233, Stephanie L. Haines, of Pennsylvania, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania;
2. Executive Calendar #326, Ada E. Brown, of Texas, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas;
3. Executive Calendar #352, Steven C. Seeger, of Illinois, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois;
4. Executive Calendar #344, Mary S. McElroy, of Rhode Island, to be United States District Judge for the District of Rhode Island;
5. Executive Calendar #346, Stephanie A. Gallagher, of Maryland, to be United States District Judge for the District of Maryland.