Wrap Up for Thursday, July 18, 2019
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #54, Clifton L. Corker, of Tennessee, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Tennessee; confirmed: 55-39.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #175, Lynda Blanchard, of Alabama, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Slovenia; confirmed: 54-40.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #183, Donald R. Tapia, to be Ambassador to Jamaica; confirmed: 66-26.
Passed by voice vote Calendar #152, S.1694 with Peters amendment and committee-reported amendments: One Small Step to Protect Human Heritage in Space.
Agreed to S.Con.Res.19: celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing.
Began the Rule 14 process to place H.R.748, to repeal the excise tax on high cost employer-sponsored health coverage, on the Legislative Calendar of Business.
The Senate has reached an agreement to consider H.R.1327, Never Forget the Heroes: James Zadroga, Ray Pfeifer, and Luis Alvarez Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act, next Tuesday. There will be votes in relation to the Lee and Paul amendments (60-vote thresholds for adoption) followed by a vote on passage of the bill, as amended, if amended.
On Tuesday, July 23rd at 2:30pm:
1. Lee Amendment #928 (limit amount available) [60 vote threshold]
2. Paul Amendment #929 (pay-for 10years projected costs) [60 vote threshold]
3. Passage of Cal. #153, H.R. 1327, Never Forget the Heroes: James Zadroga, Ray Pfeifer, and Luis Alvarez Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act, as amended, if amended
No additional Executive Business