Wrap Up for Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #362, Peter Joseph Phipps, of Pennsylvania, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit; confirmed: 56-40.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #1, Treaty Doc. No. 113-4, The Protocol Amending the Tax Convention with Spain; invoked: 94-1.
3. Paul amendment #924 (re: tax privacy); not agreed to: 4-92.
4. Paul amendment #921 (re: reservation); not agreed to: 4-92.
5. On the resolution of ratification of Treaty Doc. No. 113-4, The Protocol Amending the Tax Convention with Spain; agreed to: 94-2.
Adopted Calendar #139, S.Res.198 with amendments: condemning Brunei’s dramatic human rights backsliding.
Passed Calendar #76, S.375: Payment Integrity Information Act.
Passed by voice vote Calendar #103, S.Res.74 with amendments: marking the fifth anniversary of Ukraine’s Revolution of Dignity.
Began the Rule 14 process to place H.R.1327, 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Act, on the Legislative Calendar of Business.
No additional Executive Business