The Senate stands
adjourned until 9:30am on Thursday, June 13, 2019.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 10:45am with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
At 10:45am, Senator Paul or his designee will be recognized to make motions to discharge S.J.Res.20 (Bahrain) and S.J.Res.26 (Qatar), which are joint resolutions of disapproval of proposed arms sales. The motions to discharge will be debated concurrently with the time until 11:30am equally divided between the opponents and the proponents with 7 minutes reserved for Senator Risch and Senator Menendez respectively.
At 11:30am, the Senate will vote in relation to the motions to discharge in the order listed. Following disposition of the joint resolutions, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Crawford nomination. If cloture is invoked on the Crawford nomination, at 1:45pm, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the Stilwell nomination and the Crawford nomination.
11:30am, Thursday June 13 - 3 roll call votes expected in relation to the following:
1. Motion to discharge S. J. Res. 20, A joint resolution relating to the disapproval of the proposed sale to the Government of Bahrain of certain defense articles and services
2. Motion to discharge S. J. Res. 26, A joint resolution relating to the disapproval of the proposed sale to the Government of Qatar of certain defense articles and services
3. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #217 Edward F. Crawford, of Ohio, to be Ambassador to Ireland
1:45pm, Thursday June 13 - 2 roll call votes expected
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #193 David Stilwell, of Hawaii, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (East Asian and Pacific Affairs)
2. If cloture is invoked, Confirmation of Executive Calendar #217 Edward F. Crawford, of Ohio, to be Ambassador to Ireland