Wrap Up for Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Roll Call Votes
1. Adoption of S.Res.212, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the passage and ratification of the 19th Amendment, providing for women's suffrage, to the Constitution of the United States; adopted: 93-0.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #157, Andrew M. Saul, of New York, to be Commissioner of Social Security for the term expiring January 19, 2025; confirmed: 77-16.
3. Motion to Invoke Cloture on Executive Calendar #224, David Schenker, of New Jersey, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Near Eastern Affairs); invoked: 83-10.
4. Motion to Invoke Cloture on Executive Calendar #162 Heath P. Tarbert, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission; invoked: 82-9.
5. Motion to Invoke Cloture on Executive Calendar #163 Heath P. Tarbert, of Maryland, to be a Commissioner of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for a term expiring April 13, 2024; invoked: 83-10.
Passed S.1235, Women's Suffrage Centennial Commemorative Coin Act, with Barrasso amendment.
Adopted Calendar #98, S.Res.135, D-Day Anniversary.
Adopted S.Res.229, relative to the death of the Honorable William Thad Cochran, former United States Senator for the State of Mississippi.
By voice vote, adopted S.Res.230, recognizing the significant milestone of Senior Corps volunteers serving 50,000,000 hours in 2018.
No Executive Business