Wrap Up for Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #105, Cheryl Marie Stanton, to be Administrator of the Wage and Hour Division, Department of Labor; invoked: 53-45.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #173, John P. Abizaid, of Nevada, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; confirmed: 92-7.
3. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #31, Holly A. Brady, of Indiana, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Indiana; invoked: 53-46.
4. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #31, Holly A. Brady, of Indiana, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Indiana; confirmed: 56-42.
5. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #30, David Steven Morales, of Texas, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of Texas; invoked: 57-41.
6. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #30, David Steven Morales, of Texas, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of Texas; confirmed: 56-41.
7. Motion to invoked cloture on Executive Calendar #200 David Bernhardt, of Virginia, to be Secretary of the Interior; invoked: 56-41.
By voice vote, passed Calendar #18, S.94, Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act
By voice vote, adopted Calendar #58, S.Res.35, supporting democratic principles and standards in Bolivia and throughout Latin America, w/committee-reported amendment to the preamble.
By voice vote, adopted Calendar #59, S.Res.67, expressing the sense of the Senate on the importance and vitality of the United States alliances with Japan and the Republic of Korea, and our trilateral cooperation in the pursuit of shared interests, w/committee-reported amendment to the preamble.
Adopted Calendar #60, S.Res.95, recognizing the 198th anniversary of the independence of Greece and celebrating democracy in Greece and the United States.
Adopted S. Res.155, relative to the death of the Honorable Ernest F. Hollings, former United States Senator for the State of South Carolina,
Adopted S. Res.156, supporting the goals and ideals of “Take our Daughters and Sons to Work
Adopted S. Res.157, supporting the designation of April 2019 as “Parkinson’s Awareness Month”
Adopted S. Res.158, authorizing the use of the atrium in the Philip A. Hart Senate Office Building for the National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, a semiannual event of the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Agreed to H.Con.Res 16, authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the National Peace Officers Memorial Service and the National Honor Guard and Pipe Band Exhibition.
Agreed to H.Con.Res 19, authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the Greater Washington Soap Box Derby.
Completed the Rule 14 process to place H.R.1585, to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act, on the Legislative Calendar of Business.
No Executive Business