The Senate stands adjourned to convene for a pro forma session with no business conducted on the following dates and times:
Friday, February 15th at 7:00am;
Tuesday February 19th at 10:00am; and
Thursday February 21st at 10:00am.
When the Senate adjourns on Thursday it will next convene at 3:00pm on Monday, February 25, 2019.
On Monday, following the prayer and pledge, Senator Fischer will be recognized to deliver Washington’s Farewell Address.
Following the address, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to Calendar #17, S.311, Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. At 5:30pm, there will be a vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.311.
As a reminder, Senator McConnell has filed cloture on the following nominations:
1) Executive Calendar #16, the nomination of Eric D. Miller, of Washington, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit;
2) Executive Calendar #6, the nomination of Michael J. Desmond, of California, to be Chief Counsel for the Internal Revenue Service and an Assistant General Counsel in the Department of the Treasury;
3) Executive Calendar #10, the nomination of Andrew Wheeler, of Virginia, to be Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency; and
4) Executive Calendar #12, the nomination of John L. Ryder, of Tennessee, to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Tennessee Valley Authority.
Each cloture motion will ripen upon disposition of the previous one and each is subject to up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate time.
Monday, February 25th at 5:30pm – 2 roll call votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #17, S.311, Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
If cloture is not invoked, then:
2. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #16, the nomination of Eric D. Miller, of Washington, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit