Wrap Up for Thursday, January 24, 2019
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to instruct the Sergeant at Arms to request the presence of absent senators; agreed to: 88-8.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on McConnell for Shelby amendment #5 (Trump’s funding and immigration proposal); not agreed to: 50-47.
3. Motion to invoke cloture on Schumer amendment #6 (text of H.R.268, Emergency Supplemental with CR through February 8); not agreed to: 52-44.
Adopted S.Res.28:recognizing January 2019 as “National Mentoring Month”.
Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business:
1. H.R.648: making appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2019.
2. H.J.Res.28: making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2019.
3. H.J.Res.31: making further continuing appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2019.
No Executive Business