November 15, 2018 05:32 PM
Schedule for Pro Forma Sessions and Monday, November 26, 2018
The Senate stands adjourned under the provisions of S.Res.700 to convene for pro forma sessions with no business conducted on the following dates and times:
Friday, November 16th at 3:00pm;
Tuesday, November 20th at 10:00am; and
Friday, November 23rd at 12:00 Noon.
When the Senate adjourns on Friday, it will next convene at 3:00pm on Monday, November 26, 2018.
Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #544, Stephen Alexander Vaden, of Tennessee, to be General Counsel of the Department of Agriculture, with the time until 5:30pm equally divided. At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Vaden nomination.
As a reminder, Senator McConnell has filed cloture on the following nominations:
1. Executive Calendar #544, Stephen Alexander Vaden, of Tennessee, to be General Counsel of the Department of Agriculture;
2. Executive Calendar #939, Karen Dunn Kelley, of Pennsylvania, to be Deputy Secretary of Commerce;
3. Executive Calendar #626, Thomas Alvin Farr, of North Carolina, to be US District Judge for the Eastern District of North Carolina;
4. Executive Calendar #1141, Jonathan A Kobes, of South Dakota, to be US Circuit Judge for the Eighth Circuit; and
5. Executive Calendar #1064, Kathleen Laura Kraninger, of Ohio, to be Director, Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
Each cloture motion will ripen upon disposition of the previous one and each is subject to up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate time.