September 12, 2018 07:53 PM
Wrap Up for Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #1013, Charles P. Rettig, of California, to be Commissioner of the IRS; 63-34.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #1013, Charles P. Rettig, of California, to be Commissioner of the IRS; confirmed: 64-33.
3. Adoption of the conference report to accompany H.R.5895: Energy and Water Development / Military Construction / Legislative Branch appropriations; agreed to: 92-5.
Passed S.1050 with Duckworth substitute amendment: to award a Congressional Gold Medal, collectively, to the Chinese-American Veterans of World War II.
Passed Calendar #503, S.3029 with Alexander amendment: PREEMIE Act.
Adopted S.Res.576: Polycystic Kidney Disease Awareness Day.
Adopted S.Res.525: National Democracy Month.
Adopted S.Res.627: National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month.
Adopted S.Res.628: Legal Counsel.
Confirmed the following nominations:
DEPARTMENT OF STATE
1. Executive Calendar #933, Cherith Norman Chalet, of New Jersey, to be Representative to the United Nations for UN Management and Reform
2. Executive Calendar #934, Cherith Norman Chalet, of New Jersey, to be an Alternate Representative to the Sessions of the General Assembly of the United Nations