March 14, 2018 01:10 PM
Crapo objects to votes on Sanders amdts and moves to waive points of order
Senator Sanders asked unanimous consent to vote on Sanders amendment #2114 and Sanders amendment #2155. Senator Crapo objected.
Senator Sanders then made a point of order that the pending measure violates section 4106 of H.Con.Res.71, the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2018. Senator Crapo made a motion to waive all applicable points of order. There will be a roll call vote on the motion to waive prior to passage of the bill.
At 3:45pm, all post-cloture time will expire and the Senate will dispose of any pending amendments. We expect Senator Crapo to withdraw the only pending amendment (SA #2152-date change). Then there will be a roll call vote on the McConnell for Crapo amendment #2151, as modified (substitute) and a cloture vote on the underlying bill.
There is a members only briefing from 4:30pm until 5:30pm today. We expect to recess for the briefing.
There is a chance we have up to 3 roll call votes following the briefing (5:30pm or later tonight), but those have not been set yet. If no agreement can be reached, the votes could occur around 6:00am tomorrow morning.
3:45pm today – 2 roll call votes
1. Adoption of substitute amendment #2151, as modified, to S.2155, Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
2. Motion to invoke cloture on S.2155, as amended
TBD-3 roll call votes
1. Crapo motion to waive budget points of order with respect to S.2155
2. Passage of S.2155, as amended, Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
3. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #598, Kevin K. McAleenan, of Hawaii, to be Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security