February 15, 2018 05:59 PM
Schedule for Pro Forma Sessions and Monday, February 26, 2018
The Senate stands adjourned to convene for pro forma sessions only with no business conducted on the following dates and times:
Friday, February 16th at 12:00 noon;
Tuesday, February 20th at 5:00pm; and
Friday, February 23rd at 2:00pm.
When the Senate adjourns on Friday, February 23, it will next convene on Monday, February 26 at 3:00pm.
On Monday, following the prayer and pledge, Senator Peters will be recognized to deliver Washington’s Farewell Address.
Following the address, the Senate will resume consideration of the nomination of Executive Calendar #623, Elizabeth Branch, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh Circuit. At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Branch nomination.
As a reminder, Senator McConnell has filed cloture on the following nominations:
1. Executive Calendar #623, Elizabeth Branch, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh Circuit
2. Executive Calendar #153, Russell Vought, of Virginia, to be Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget
3. Executive Calendar #437, A. Marvin Quattlebaum Jr., of South Carolina, to be United States District Judge for the District of South Carolina
4. Executive Calendar #438, Karen Scholer, of Texas, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas
5. Executive Calendar #439, Tilman Eugene Self III, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of Georgia
6. Executive Calendar #536, Terry Doughty, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Louisiana
Each nomination is subject to a cloture vote and then, if cloture is invoked, up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate prior to a vote on confirmation. Upon disposition of the first nomination, there would be a cloture vote on the next nomination in the series.