Wrap Up for Wednesday, December 20, 2017
No Roll Call Votes
Adopted Calendar #277, S.Res.150: recognizing the threats to freedom of the press and expression around the world and reaffirming freedom of the press as a priority in efforts of the United States Government to promote democracy and good governance.
Adopted S.Res.326: recognizing the crew of the San Antonio Rose, B-17F, who sacrificed their lives during World War II, and honoring their memory during the week of the 75th anniversary of that tragic event.
Adopted S.Res.345: designating August 3, 2018, as National Ernie Pyle Day.
Adopted S.Res.362: recognizing the service of the Los Angeles-class attack submarine the USS Jacksonville and the crew of the USS Jacksonville, who served the United States with valor and bravery.
Passed Calendar #124, S. 117: Alex Diekmann Peak Designation Act w/a committee amendment.
Passed Calendar #56, S. 501: East Rosebud Wild and Scenic Rivers Act
Confirmed the following nominations:
1. Executive Calendar #560 - Maj. Gen. Anthony J. Cotton to be Lieutenant General
2. Executive Calendar #561 - Col. Sharon A. Shaffer to be Brigadier General
3. Executive Calendar #562 – Col. Robert J. Marks to be Brigadier General
4. Executive Calendar #563 – The following to be Brigadier General:
Col. Ronald G. Allen, Jr.
Col. Mark R. August
Col. Charles E. Brown, Jr.
Col. Joel L. Carey
Col. Brenda P. Cartier
Col. Darren R. Cole
Col. Heath A. Collins
Col. Douglas S. Coppinger
Col. Matthew W. Davidson
Col. Todd A. Dozier
Col. Peter M. Fesler
Col. Eric H. Froehlich
Col. Michael A. Greiner
Col. Andrew P. Hansen
Col. Michelle L. Hayworth
Col. Thomas K. Hensley
Col. Stephen F. Jost
Col. Jeffrey R. King
Col. Leonard J. Kosinski
Col. Thomas E. Kunkel
Col. Laura L. Lenderman
Col. Rodney D. Lewis
Col. Robert K. Lyman
Col. David B. Lyons
Col. Michael E. Martin
Col. Joseph D. McFall
Col. David N. Miller, Jr.
Col. Christopher J. Niemi
Col. Clark J. Quinn
Col. George M. Reynolds
Col. Douglas A. Schiess
Col. David W. Snoddy
Col. Adrian L. Spain
Col. Ernest J. Teichert, III
Col. Alice W. Trevino
1. Executive Calendar #564 - Maj. Gen. Christopher G. Cavoli to be Lieutenant General
2. Executive Calendar #565 - Lt. Gen. Stephen J. Townsend to be General
1. Executive Calendar #566 – Rear Adm. Nancy A. Norton to be Vice Admiral
2. Executive Calendar #567 - Rear Adm. Richard A. Brown to be Vice Admiral
1. Executive Calendar #568 - Col. Mitchel Neurock to be Brigadier General
2. Executive Calendar #569 – The following to be Major General:
Brig. Gen. Hubert C. Hegtvedt
Brig. Gen. Timothy P. Kelly
Brig. Gen. Albert V. Lupenski
Brig. Gen. Samuel C. Mahaney
Brig. Gen. John B. Williams
And all nominations on the Secretary’s Desk in the Air Force, Army, and Navy.
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
1. Executive Calendar #571 - Duane A. Kees, of Arkansas, to be United States Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas.
2. Executive Calendar #572 - Stephen R. McAllister, of Kansas, to be United States Attorney for the District of Kansas.
3. Executive Calendar #573 – Ronald A. Parsons, Jr., of South Dakota, to be United States Attorney for the District of South Dakota
4. Executive Calendar #574 - Ryan K. Patrick, of Texas, to be United States Attorney for the Southern District of Texas.
5. Executive Calendar #575 - Michael B. Stuart, of West Virginia, to be United States Attorney for the Southern District of West Virginia.
1. Executive Calendar #489 - Bruce D. Jette, of Virginia, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Army.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
1. Executive Calendar #498 James E McPherson - to be General Counsel of the Department of the Army
2. Executive Calendar #509 Randall G. Shriver - to be Assistant Secretary of Defense
3. Executive Calendar #531 Thomas Harker - to be an Assistant Secretary of the Navy
4. Executive Calendar #532 John P. Roth - to be an Assistant Secretary of the Air Force