Schedule for Tuesday, November 7, 2017
The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00am on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 11:00am.
At 11:00am, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #247, John H. Gibson, of Texas, to be Deputy Chief Management Officer of the Department of Defense. At 12:00 Noon, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the Gibson nomination followed by the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Steven Andrew Engel, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Attorney General.
The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
As a reminder, Senator McConnell also filed cloture on the following nominations:
1. Executive Calendar #384, Peter B. Robb, of Vermont, to be General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board
2. Executive Calendar #407, William L. Wehrum, of Delaware, to be an Assistant Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
3. Executive Calendar #159, Derek Kan, of California, to be Under Secretary of Transportation
Each nomination is subject to a cloture vote and then, if cloture is invoked, up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate prior to a vote on confirmation. Upon disposition of the first nomination, there would be a cloture vote on the next nomination in the series and then, if cloture is invoked, up to 30 hours of debate.
Tuesday, November 7th at 12:00 Noon – 2 roll call votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #247, John H. Gibson, of Texas, to be Deputy Chief Management Officer of the Department of Defense; and
2. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #107, Steven Andrew Engel, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Attorney General.