Cruz objects to passage of Energy billsSenator Flake asked unanimous consent that the Senate take up and pass Calendar #204, S.145.
Senator Cardin asked unanimous consent to modify the request that it include the following Energy package of bills and that they be passed, en bloc:
Cal. #204, S. 145
Cal. #205, S. 403
Cal. #206, S. 521
Cal. #208, S. 593
Cal. #209, S. 610
Cal. #211, S. 873
Cal. #212, S. 1103
Cal. #213, S. 1104
Cal. #214, S. 1240
Cal. #215, S. 1305
Cal. #216, S. 1483
Senator Cruz objected to the modification.
Senator Cardin objected to the original request.
- S. 145, a bill to require the Director of the National Park Service to refund to States all State funds that were used to reopen and temporarily operate a unit of the National Park System during the October 2013 shutdown.
- S. 403, a bill to revise the authorized route of the North Country National Scenic Trail in northeastern Minnesota and to extend the trail into Vermont to connect with the Appalachian National Scenic Trail, and for other purposes.
- S. 521, a bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource study of President Station in Baltimore, Maryland, and for other purposes.
- S. 593, a bill to require the Secretary of the Interior to submit to Congress a report on the efforts of the Bureau of Reclamation to manage its infrastructure assets.
- S. 610, a bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource study of P.S. 103 in West Baltimore, Maryland and for other purposes.
- S. 873, a bill to designate the wilderness within the Lake Clark National Park and Preserve in the State of Alaska as the Jay S. Hammond Wilderness Area.
- S. 1103, a bill to reinstate and extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project involving Clark Canyon Dam.
- S. 1104, a bill to extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project involving the Gibson Dam.
- S. 1240, a bill to designate the Cerro del Yuta and Rio San Antonio Wilderness Areas in the State of New Mexico, and for other purposes.
- S. 1305, a bill to amend the Colorado River Storage Project Act to authorize the use of the active capacity of the Fontenelle Reservoir.
- S. 1483, a bill to direct the Secretary of the Interior to study the suitability and feasibility of designating the James K. Polk Home in Columbia, Tennessee, as a unit of the National Park System, and for other purposes.