December 16, 2010 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, December 16, 2010
- Following any leader remarks, the Senate will turn to Executive session and begin consideration of the New Start Treaty. Amendments are in order to the treaty and, as a result, roll call votes are possible throughout the day. Senators will be notified when any votes are scheduled.
- This evening Senator Reid came to the floor and announced to the Senate that we do not have the votes to overcome the filibuster on the omnibus appropriations bill or the year long continuing resolution. As a result, Senator Reid will work with Senator McConnell over the next few days on an agreement to pass a short term CR.
- Senator Reid then filed cloture on the motion to concur with respect to H.R.5281, the DREAM Act, and filled the amendment tree. He then filed cloture on the motion to concur with respect to H.R.2965, Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) and filled the amendment tree. The first cloture vote(DREAM Act) is expected to occur early Saturday morning.
- The Senate is now in a period of morning business with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each. There will be no roll call votes this evening.
- The Senate will resume consideration of the New START Treaty tomorrow. The treaty will be open to amendments and senators are encouraged to come to the floor to offer and debate their amendments. Roll call votes are possible during tomorrow's session of the Senate.