December 16, 2009 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, December 16, 2009
- Resume consideration of H.R.2590, Health Care Reform.
- At approximately 12:00 o'clock today, Senator Sanders called up amendment #2837 (National Single Payer System) and asked consent that the Clerk dispense with the reading. Senator Coburn objected. As a result, the Clerk continued to read the amendment. After a few minutes of reading, Senator Sanders again asked consent that the Clerk dispense with the reading. Coburn again objected and asked for regular order. The Clerk will continue to read until the Senate reaches unanimous consent that the reading be dispensed with or the amendment has been read in its entirety.
- If Senator Coburn insists that the entire amendment be read, the Clerks estimate that it would take approximately 10-12 hours to complete the reading.
- Senator Sanders withdrew his amendment.
- The Hutchison Motion to Commmit is pending. A roll call vote in relation to the Motion is expected in the 3:15pm range.