December 12, 2011 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Monday, December 12, 2011
- Convenes: 2:00pm
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in morning business until 4:30pm with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- At 4:30pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following nominations:
- #360 Norman L. Eisen - to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Czech Republic
- #501 Mari Carmen Aponte - to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of El Salvador
- There will be one hour of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Kerry and Lugar or their designees. Upon the use or yielding back of time, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Eisen nomination. If cloture is invoked, the Senate will immediately vote on confirmation of the Eisen nomination. Upon disposition of the Eisen nomination, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Aponte nomination. Further, if cloture is not invoked on the Eisen nomination, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Aponte nomination.
- Therefore, at approximately 5:30pm on Monday, Senators should expect up to 3 and at least 2 roll call votes in relation the following:
- Motion to invoke cloture on the Eisen nomination
- If cloture is invoked, confirmation of the Eisen nomination
- Motion to invoke cloture on the Aponte nomination
- Additionally, Senator Reid announced that the Senate expects to consider the following additional items next week: additional nominations, remaining appropriations bills, balanced budget amendments, and payroll tax, unemployment insurance, Medicare reimbursement, tax extenders, all of which are set to expire at the end of the year.