December 11, 2009 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Friday, December 11, 2009
- The Senate will convene at 10:00am and will proceed to a period of morning business with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each. The Republicans will control the first 30 minutes and the Majority will control the next 30 minutes.
- Senators should expect 2 votes on Friday on motions to waive with respect to the conference report to accompany H.R.3288, Consolidated Appropriations. These votes would require 60-affirmative votes.
- As a reminder, Senator Reid filed cloture on the Appropriations conference report. That cloture vote is expected to occur Saturday morning.
- Senator McCain raised a point of order that the conference report accompanying HR3288 (Consolidated Appropriations) violates Rule 28 of the Standing Rules of the Senate (Scope of Conference). There will now be up to 1 hour for debate with respect to the Inouye Motion to Waive the Point of Order. If all time is used, the vote on the motion to waive would occur at approximately 1:05pm.
- The Consolidated Appropriations conference report includes the following appropriations bills:
- Transportation, HUD, Related Agencies; - Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies; - Financial Services and General Government; - Labor, Health and Human Services, Education; - Military Construction/Veterans Affairs; and - State, Foreign Operations and Related Agencies. The Senate has locked in an agreement that no further points of order are in order with respect to the Consolidated Appropriations conference report for the duration of its pendency.
- The next vote will occur at 9:30am Saturday, December 12. That vote will be on the motion to invoke cloture on the conference report to accompany HR3288, Consolidated Appropriations.
- As a result, there will be no further roll call votes today.