December 9, 2010 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, December 09, 2010
- Following any Leader remarks, Senator Durbin will be recognized to speak for up to 10 minutes. Following his remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S.3992, the DREAM Act, with the time until 11:00am equally divided and controlled between the Leaders or their designees.
- At 11:00am, the Senate will proceed to a series of at least 2 and possibly 3 roll call votes. Those votes will be on the following items.
- Cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #663, S.3992, the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2010 (DREAM Act); and - Cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #641, H.R.847, the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010. - Senator Reid may reconsider the failed cloture vote on the motion to proceed to S.3454, DoD Authorization.
- Following the votes, Senator Bennett will be recognized to speak for up to 20 minutes for his farewell speech. Senator Bunning will be recognized at 1:00pm for up to 30 minutes for his farewell speech. Senator Dorgan will be recognized at 2:00pm for up to 20 minutes for his farewell speech.
- This evening, Senator Reid moved to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment to H.R.4853, with Reid-McConnell amendment #4753 and filed cloture on the motion. He then offered a second degree amendment and motion to refer with instructions and an amendment and amendments in the first and second degree slots.
- The cloture vote on the motion to concur with respect to HR4853, with an amendment (Reid-McConnell tax amendment #4753) will occur at 3pm Monday, December 13. Senator Reid announced that this vote will be held open so that senators are able to make the vote.