Cloture filed on 5 district judge nominationsThis evening, Senator Reid filed cloture on the following 5 district court nominations:
- Executive Calendar #928, Pamela Pepper, of Wisconsin, to be a US district judge for the Eastern District of Wisconsin;
- Executive Calendar #930, Brenda K. Sannes, of New York, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of New York;
- Executive Calendar #1032, Madeline Cox Arleo, of New Jersey, to be United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey;
- Executive Calendar #1033, Wendy Beetlestone, of Pennsylvania, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; and
- Executive Calendar #1034, Victor Allen Bolden, of Connecticut, to be United States District Judge for the District of Connecticut.
We hope to reach an agreement tomorrow morning to move the cloture votes tomorrow afternoon (possibly 3pm) and, if cloture is invoked, conduct the confirmation votes on Thursday. If no agreement can be reached, the first cloture vote would occur 1 hour after the Senate convenes on Thursday, November 20. Senators will be notified when the next vote is scheduled.