Senate Floor Schedule for Monday, November 4, 2013The Senate stands adjourned until 2:00pm on Monday, November 4, 2013. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.815, the Employee Non-Discrimination Act. During Thursday's session of the Senate, cloture was filed on the motion to proceed to S.815.
At 5:00pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following:
- Executive Calendar #328, the nomination of Gregory Howard Woods, of NY, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York and
- Executive Calendar #329, the nomination of Debra M. Brown, of MS, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Mississippi.
There will be up to 30 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled in the usual form prior to up to 2 roll call votes on confirmation of the nominations. Immediately following disposition of the Brown nomination, there will be up to 2 minutes of debate prior to a cloture vote on the motion to proceed to S.815.
Therefore, there will be up to 3 roll call votes at 5:30pm on Monday:
- Confirmation of the Woods nomination,
- Confirmation of the Brown nomination and
- Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.815, ENDA.
It is possible one of the nominations will be confirmed by voice vote.