10:30am cloture vote on Estevez nomination (Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense)At 10:30am today, the Senate will proceed to a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #53, Alan Estevez, of the District of Columbia, to be Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense. If cloture is invoked on the Estevez nomination, and we expect it to be, there would be up to 8 hours for debate prior to a vote on confirmation of the nomination (Some time may be yielded back).
As a reminder, several other cloture motions on nominations have been filed (see list of nominations below). We will consider one nomination at a time. If cloture is invoked (60-affirmative vote threshold), then each nomination is subject to 8 hours of post-cloture debate time except for the Millett nomination, which is subject to up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate time. Confirmation votes are subject to a majority vote threshold.
We are also working on an agreement to consider H.R.3204, a bill to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to human drug compounding and drug supply chain security, as early as today.
Cloture motions have been filed on the following nominations:
- Executive Calendar #53, Alan Estevez, of the District of Columbia, to be Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (10:30am Wednesday cloture vote)
- Executive Calendar #307, Katherine Archuleta, of Colorado, to be Director of the Office of Personnel Management;
- Executive Calendar #242, Thomas Wheeler, of the District of Columbia, to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission; (Confirmed by unanimous consent 10/29/13)
- Executive Calendar #63, Jacob Lew, of New York, to be the United States Governor to the following International Banks:
- International Monetary Fund,
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Inter-American Development Bank, and
- European Bank for Reconstruction;
- Executive Calendar #209, Melvin L. Watt, of North Carolina, to be Director of the Federal Housing Agency;
- Executive Calendar #327, Patricia Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit.