October 20, 2011 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Thursday, October 20, 2011
- Convenes: 10:00am
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.2112, the Agriculture, CJS, and Transportation/HUD Appropriations bill.
- At 12:00pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the nomination of Heather Higginbottom to be Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget with two minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Conrad and Sessions or their designees.
- At approximately 12:02pm, the Senate will conduct up to 3 roll call votes in relation to the following:
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #78, the nomination of Heather A. Higginbottom, of the District of Columbia, to be Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- Vitter amendment #769, as modified (drug importation) (60-vote threshold);
- Webb amendment #750 (Criminal Justice Commission) (60-vote threshold);
- At approximately 2:00pm, the Senate will conduct up to 4 roll call votes in relation to the following:
- Merkley amendment #879, to be modified with the changes at the desk (freight and rail products made in the US)
- Brown amendment #874, to be modified with the changes at the desk (Fair Housing Initiatives Program) (60-vote threshold)
- Moran amendment #815 (Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Act)
- Grassley amendment #860 (DOJ Federal Grants) (60-vote threshold)
- Additional roll call votes in relation to amendments H.R.2112 are expected during Thursday's session in an effort to complete action on the bill. As a reminder to all Senators, Senator Reid filed cloture on the substitute amendment and the bill during Wednesday's session of the Senate.
- Also during Wednesday's session of the Senate, Senator Reid filed cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #204, S.1723, the Teachers and First Responders Back to Work Act. Additionally, Senator McConnell filed cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #205, S.1726, the Withholding Tax Relief Act.