September 30, 2009 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, September 30, 2009
- Morning business for 1 hour with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Majority controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of the conference report to accompany H.R.2918, the Legislative Branch Appropriations Act with the time until 4:30pm equally divided and controlled between Senators Nelson (NE) & Murkowski or their designees. If any points of order are raised, any roll call votes on the motion(s) to waive will occur at approximately 4:30pm. Therefore, Senators can expect a series of at least 3 roll call votes at approximately 4:30pm.
- 12:30pm - 2:15pm recess for the weekly party luncheons
- At approximately 4:30pm, the Senate will proceed to vote in relation to the following items.
- Nelson (NE) motion to waive McCain Rule 28 point of order with respect to the conference report to accompany H.R.2918, Legislative Branch Appropriations and the Continuing Resolution; - Nelson (NE) motion to waive all applicable points of order with respect to the Gregg point of order that the conference report violates Section 904 of the Budget Act; and - Adoption of the conference report to accompany H.R.2918.
- Following the votes, the Senate will recess until 6:30pm for a Senators-only briefing.
- At 6:30pm, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.3326, the DoD Appropriations bill. There will then be 2 minutes of debate prior to a roll call vote in relation to the McCain amendment #2558 (C-17).
- The Senate is now considering H.R.3326, the DoD Approps bill.
- The following amendments are pending: McCain amendment #2575 Johanns amendment #2555, as modified