September 22, 2011 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Thursday, September 22, 2011
- Convenes: 9:30am
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business for one hour with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Majority controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.2832, the Generalized System of Preferences bill. The only remaining amendments in order to the Casey amendment #633 (Trade Adjustment Assistance) are the following:
- There will be up to 5 hours of debate on the Rubio, Thune and Cornyn amendments, equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees, with Senator Cornyn controlling one hour of the Republican time and Senators Thune and Rubio each controlling 30 minutes of the Republican time.
- At a time to be determined by the Majority Leader, in consultation with the Republican Leader, there will be up to 5 roll call votes in relation to the following:
- Each vote will require 60-votes in the affirmative. There will be 2 minutes of debate prior to each vote.
- Additionally, we await action by the House on the continuing resolution.