September 20, 2011 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Tuesday, September 20, 2011
- Convenes: 10:00am
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business for one hour with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Majority controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will adopt the motion to proceed to H.R.2832, the Generalized System of Preferences Act and the vehicle for Trade Adjustment Assistance and begin consideration of the bill.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm to 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
- At 2:30pm, Senator Heller will be recognized for up to 20 minutes as if in morning business in order to deliver his maiden speech to the Senate.
- The Senate will begin consideration of H.R.2832 Tuesday morning. We will work on amendments to the bill and notify Senators when votes are scheduled.