September 16, 2010 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, September 16, 2010
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.5297.
- At 10:45am, the Senate will proceed to vote on the motions listed below: - Grassley Motion to Suspend Rule 22, Paragraph 2, for the purpose of proposing and considering amendment #4433 (to extend expiring tax incentives for biodiesel and renewable diesel) (This vote is subject to an affirmative 67- vote threshold); and
- Hatch motion to Suspend Rule 22, Paragraph 2, for the purpose of proposing and considering the following Motion to Commit:
- Hatch Motion to Commit H.R.5297 to the Committee on Finance of the Senate with instructions to report the same back to the Senate with changes to make permanent the research credit under section 41 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1996 (This vote is subject to an affirmative 67-vote threshold).
- The second vote in the series will be 10 minutes in duration and there will be 2 minutes for debate prior to each vote.
- At 12:00 noon, the Senate will proceed to a series of up to 2 roll call votes in relation to the following items:
- Motion to invoke cloture on H.R.5297, as amended (60-vote threshold); and - Passage of H.R.5297, as amended (majority vote threshold).
- Senator Reid moved to proceed to S.3454, the Department of Defense Authorization bill, and filed cloture on the motion to proceed.
- There will be no further roll call votes during today's session of the Senate. The next vote will occur at 2:15pm on Tuesday, September 21. That vote will be on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to the Department of Defense Authorization bill.