Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on S.J.Res.19, constitutional amendment on campaign finance; Not Invoked: 54-42.
The motion to proceed to S.2199 (Paycheck Fairness Act) was agreed to by voice vote.
Passed H.R.4197: All Circuit Review Extension Act.
Passed S.2258: the Veterans' Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2014.
Adopted S.Res.542: Supporting the goals and ideals of National Save for Retirement Week, including raising public awareness of the various tax-preferred retirement vehicles and increasing personal financial literacy.
Completed the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business H.R.5078, to preserve existing rights and responsibilities with respect to waters of the United States.
The Senate confirmed the following nominations by voice votes:
- Executive Calendar #544 John Hoover, of Massachusetts, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Sierra Leone.
- Executive Calendar #977 Anne E. Rung, to be Administrator for Federal Procurement Policy.
- Executive Calendar #685 David Radzanowski, of the District of Columbia, to be Chief Financial Officer, NASA.
- Executive Calendar #867 Miranda A. A. Ballentine, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Air Force.
- Executive Calendar #976 Joseph L. Nimmich, of Maryland, to be Deputy Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department of Homeland Security.
- Executive Calendar #914 Judith M. Davenport, of Pennsylvania, to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting for a term expiring January 31, 2020.
- Executive Calendar #917 Elizabeth Sembler, of Florida, to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting for a term expiring January 31, 2020.
- Executive Calendar #758 David J. Arroyo, of New York, to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting for a term expiring January 31, 2016.