Agreement on cybersecurity, Iran, no more votesThe Senate has reached agreements with respect to cybersecurity and Iran joint resolution of disapproval. As a result, there will be no further roll call votes this month.
Following Leader remarks on Tuesday, September 8, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of H.J.Res.61, and then the Majority Leader or his designee will be recognized to offer a substitute amendment related to Congressional disapproval of the proposed Iran nuclear agreement.
The cloture motion on the motion to proceed to S.754, cybersecurity, has been withdrawn. At a time to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Democratic Leader, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of Calendar #28, S.754, cybersecurity.
It would then be in order for Senator Burr to offer the Burr/Feinstein substitute amendment and that it be in order for the bill managers, or their designees, to offer up to 10 Republican and 11 Democratic first degree amendments relevant to the subject matter per side. We will consider amendments in an alternating fashion between Democrats and Republicans, not necessarily in the order listed.
The amendments to cybersecurity are as follows:
- Paul #2564 (liability immunity);
- Carper #2627 (Einstein);
- Kirk #2603 (International cyber criminal reports);
- Coons #2552 (Personal ID information scrub);
- Heller #2548 ("reasonably believe");
- Franken #2612 (cybersecurity and cyber threat indicator definition);
- Coats #2604 (threats to mobile devices report);
- Tester #2632 (transparency);
- Leahy #2587 (Strike FOIA Exemption);
- Gardner #2631 (Sec of State International cyberspace policy);
- Murphy #2589 (Judicial redress);
- Vitter #2578 (security clearances);
- Whitehouse #2626 (Cyber crime);
- Vitter #2579 (small business);
- Wyden #2621 (Remove Personal ID information);
- Flake #2582 (6 year sunset);
- Wyden #2622 (Government notification of mishandled information);
- Cotton #2581(FBI/Secret Service);
- Mikulski #2557 (Plus up Cyber funding OPM);
- Flake #2580 (private entity); and
- Carper #2615 (DHS portal)