August 5, 2010 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, August 05, 2010
- Following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business until 11:00am with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees.
- At 11:00am, the Senate will resume consideration of the House Message on HR1586. There will be 20 minutes of post-cloture debate time remaining, with Senators Baucus and DeMint, or their designees, controlling 10 minutes each.
- At approximately 11:20am, the Senate will proceed to a series of up to 3 roll call votes. Those votes will be in relation to the following items (we will vote on the DeMint motions in the order in which they are called up):
- DeMint Motion to suspend Rule 22 in order to make a motion to commit (individual income tax rates on small businesses); - DeMint Motion to suspend Rule 22 in order to make a motion to commit (individual income tax rates); and - Motion to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment to HR1586, with Murray amendment #4575 (FMAP/Teacher Funding).
- The Majority Leader would like to reach an agreement to vote on confirmation of the nomination of Elena Kagan to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court and to consider the Child Nutrition legislation (S.3307).
- At approximately 3:30pm, the Senate will proceed to a roll call vote on confirmation of the nomination of Elena Kagan, of Massachusetts, to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court.